you need a wedding planner.

Or at the very least, a day-of coordinator. I see a lot of things in my tiny portion of the Big Day and I have a few things you may not have thought of-

1. Pickups, errands, deliveries

Do you really need to pay your cake vendor a big fee for delivery? Many DOC’s will gladly take over that chore and assemble the beast as well. Did you leave a crucial accessory at home? Need linens picked up at caterers? How about lunch?

2. Vendor Interference

Is someone late, or lost in transit? Having issues and need a heavy to step in? Your DOC can also confirm all your schedules with vendors and hand out checks and tips.

3. Dress Patrol

Steaming, ironing, bow tying, fashion taping, static guarding, tag snipping. Things can get a little hectic in the home stretch!

4. Damage Control

Did all your flowers arrive bedazzled-but you didn’t order them with scads of faux rhinestones? Did a large family cancel at the last minute, leaving you with an empty table to eliminate? Hotel room not ready on time? Missing marriage license? Sick groom?Or possibly the worst tragedy of all-out of booze?(all real life examples)

There are so many ways a coordinator can save you money in the long run-not to mention your most precious commodity, time. We vendors also appreciate a well-run event. It lets us do our jobs!

May 4, 2009

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

leave some love:

1. Alison | Aviva Events says:

Great advice Nance! Also, some coordinators (myself included), even if only doing Day Of or Week Of services, will offer email and phone support throughout your planning process.

2. Katie says:

well said! And for the record I never bedazzle my flowers 🙂

3. Jules says:

well said nance!!!

4. nancy says:

and the REALLY dedicated ones go to Victoria’s Secret to buy the bride somms stick on boobs.
    Love you Alie!

5. Alison | Aviva Events says:

HA! I almost included that in my comment but refrained… The list of things I’ve picked up for brides “last minute” could go on and on. 🙂

6. Jen says:

Perfectly writen! Thanks Nancy.

7. Melaina25 says:

Your blog is so awesome it has been awarded the “One Lovely Blog Award” by yours truly! (Don’t you feel extra special now?) Anyway, to accept your award visit my blog post:

transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2009/05/someone-likes-me.html

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

8. Your Dream Day LLC says:

Nancy — I wish more brides realized this! I’ve done everything from sew ripped dresses to running a best man to the emergency room on the wedding day! It’s so great to have that peace of mind on your big day. It’s priceless!

Contact Us

Thank you!

We've received your message and you will hear back from us soon.